As students return to school, the Department of Education has released a webpage of resources to students, families and communities. The resource pages are designed to meet goals set by the department that include:
- Supporting Students Through Pandemic Response and Recovery;
- Boldly Addressing Opportunity and Achievement Gaps;
- Supporting a Talented and Diverse Educator Workforce;
- Making Higher Education Inclusive and Affordable; and
- Building Pathways Through Postsecondary Education that Lead to Successful Careers.
According to the department, “We must continue to invest in the progress and potential of every student. We must listen to parents, families, and students about what they need in their school communities. We must close gaps in opportunity and achievement that were widened by the pandemic, and build an ever more excellent, equitable, and inclusive education system for our children and future generations.”
The Department also has published a new checklist to highlight progress on the Road to Success and to provide parents and families with tools and resources to support their participation in back-to-school conversations with school leaders and educators.
Don’t miss out on our blog posts! Subscribe to the ED311 newsletter.