This easy-to-read desktop handbook focuses on how to go about documenting the performance of both professional and auxiliary employees effectively in and out of the classroom. Whether your goal is to help employees improve or prepare for a negative employment decision, you will find this handbook a valuable guide. Its six chapters and appendices are filled with information and numerous illustrations. Thanks to minor updates along the way, the Sixth Edition remains current with Texas appraisal and employment law.
Key components include:
- Advice on how to tailor supervisory styles to teacher characteristics and administrator goals
- Focused observation instruments for easily gathering classroom data compatible with T-TESS or the school’s locally developed appraisal system
- Numerous illustrations of how to complete the focused observation instruments effectively and communicate with the teacher
- More than 60 teacher behaviors linked to more than 40 student outcomes
- Discussion of social networking through digital devices
- Digital link for downloading the documentation forms and templates in the appendices ready for use