“Paraeducator Power Training for Supporting Students with Disabilities and Power Training for Paraeducators by Padmaja Sarathy provides a valuable, comprehensive resource for providing staff
development for paraeducators. This material contains a CD with PowerPoint presentations, handouts, pre- and post-assessments, and a trainee manual. It is designed to give paraeducators the critical team
skills needed for understanding their role in instruction. The activities in this training package provide hands-on problem-solving and role-playing activities. This program is not only unique in its approach; it is current, organized, and highly practical. A much needed resource.” -Kent Gerlach, Professor
“For the first time in years, I found myself learning new things and solutions to some of our classroom situations. It is so wonderful to have training like this!” -Training participant
5 big reasons why this guide is a must for your school district or organization:
- Prepare a well-informed and effective force of paraeducators with this rigorous, highly interactive training drawn from best practices.
- Improve educational experiences and outcomes for students with disabilities with support from well-trained paraeducators.
- Reduce the burden on teachers who have neither the time nor the skills required to train paraeducators.
- Save money and time by offering training when, where, and how you want it.
Training is a breeze with step-by-step directions for the trainer and stimulating hands-on activities to inspire and invigorate paraeducators, including vignettes, role-playing, and problem solving.
- This ready-to-use, flexible professional development tool contains:
CD with 6 complete PowerPoint presentations, plus handouts, activities, quizzes, and answer keys
- Getting Acquainted unit for the trainer, with extensive notes for delivering the training
- 5 units for training paraeducators in special education basics; characteristics of learners with special needs; instructional and behavioral support; roles, responsibilities, and collaboration; and support for students with autism spectrum disorders
- Sample agenda for presenting the training series
- Your own copy of the trainee manual